Heian Jingū

May 2019 | Okazaki Nishitennocho, Sakyo Ward, Kyoto, 606-8341

Heian was Kyoto’s original name as a capital. Heian Shrine was built in 1895, on the 1100th anniversary of the Kyoto’s foundation as the capital and is dedicated to the spirits of Emperor Kammu (8th century) and Emperor Komei (19th century) the first and last emperors to reign from the city. The shrine’s main buildings were raised to the likeness of the original Imperial Palace from the Heian Period (710-1185).

Fujifilm X-T10, Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f3.5-5.6, no tripod